Not everyone agrees that breakfast is “the most important meal of the day” anymore, but you would be hard pressed to find a significant amount of people who don’t like a great brunch. And if you live in—or are planning to visit—Old Montreal, in Canada, there may be no better place for brunch than Sinclair restaurant Vieux Montreal. Comfortably nestled in the luxurious garden of the hotel St-Sulpice, Restaurant Sinclair offers a fusion of flavors, of old and new, of sense and sensibility that you, quite simply, will not find anywhere else.
The Urban Brunch and Restaurant Sinclair comes in three courses that will certainly dazzle your taste buds also sate your late morning hunger.
The first course, of course, is intended to help excite the palate and motivate digestion.
- chef’s choice gazpacho
- fresh fruit salad with a mixed, seasonal-spiced syrup
- yogurt with homemade seasonal fruit jam and an almond-flavored streusel
- Smoked Atlantic salmon served with homemade blinis, Spanish capers, and a cream of green cardamom.
The heartier portions of this menu feature:
- Eggs cooked to order served with Gabrielle potatoes, Canadian bacon, sausage, and Quebec ham
- Seared, Scottish trout served with a poached egg, citrus-flavored asparagus salad and a goat milk foam
- Spicy Black Tiger shrimp ceviche with coconut milk and an arugula salad with lime and cilantro and a passion fruit vinaigrette
- Grilled Quebec beef hanger steak served tataki style with black sesame oil, aged cheddar, and sprouts
- Duck confit grilled cheese with mesclun salad dressed in a blackened onion, maple, Yuze vinaigreette (add $3)
- Eggs Benedict with a spicy Hollandaise sauce served with Pacific crab cakes and a tarragon pesto (add $5)
The dessert course for this menu features:
- homemade Madeleine biscuit with a vanilla ganache, strawberry jelly, and wild berries
Of course, coffee, tea, pastries, and various juices are also included, as it should be with any excellent brunch (“urban” or otherwise). You might also appreciate that vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free options are also available upon request.